Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > Find a Developer >

Developer Help needed

Started by Mark Surman -   in Find a Developer

We were having problems with xero for quite some time now and desperately need some help. To start with, our first problem only involves security patch upgrades and public token issues which was already being resolved by another developer way back in August by upgrading the security system to use TLS 1.2 and fixes which resolves public token issues. Another problem came up with renewing/replacing public token after 30 minutes that it keeps redirecting endlessly between the xero auth page and our system, so I did fix the issue surrounding the public token renewal. We were using XeroAPI.net when doing these fixes. Here’s the link: https://github.com/XeroAPI/XeroAPI.Net
But then, during the month of November we started encountering yet another problem which throws an exception: “The value cannot be null”. We visited one of the xero developer forums that encountered similar problems such as ours so we go ahead and visited the link right here: https://community.xero.com/developer/discussion/89107224
So, following the instructions on the thread on the link led me to upgrade the API to its latest version (https://www.nuget.org/packages/XeroAPI.Net/1.1.0.34). But still is giving us the error “The value cannot be null”.
We have left with no choice but to migrate in using the latest version of Xero API to see if this finally fixes the problem. Here’s the link for the latest API: https://github.com/XeroAPI/Xero-Net
It took us a couple of days to finish the integration of this latest API. But when we do, it now introduces a lot of new errors such as validation in emails, account/invoice numbers, and other validations that is not present in the old API. We fixed those validation errors, but then there are times it still introduces us some validation errors still. There are times the new API integration rejects the public token authentication, does not sync well, and still introduces the issue “the value cannot be null” randomly.
I hope someone can shed some light on our issue. We’ve been tirelessly making some effort the past few months but the issue keeps coming back. We encountered these issues starting when the time that Xero forces us to upgrade our security to TLS 1.2. Starting from that, it’s acting up.