Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > Add-ons >

Film Production Advertising Creative Industry Job costing and budgeting profitability reporting

Started by Jenny Lee -   in Add-ons

Hi
We have a few clients in the production/creative industry that require a budgeting tool for jobs that integrates with Xero and have good profitability reporting.

Currently the clients use Show Biz that does not integrate with Xero but have great budgeting templates.

We are struggling to find add-ons that do this well, especially as this industry does not use timesheets. It would also work for the construction industry too, as crew are hired and have overtime rates but are not actual employees.

We would need to track budget vs actuals, and still easily be able to import rates and different costs specific to filming and production.

Is there any software or add-ons that are close to this and still provide a detailed profitability report ( and where producers can invoice and send quotes) And have good integration with Xero for invoices in sales and purchases.

Or are there two add-ons that can do this and sync?

Thanks so much
Hi Jenny,

We have been working on similar projects and have helped Australian businesses integrate their systems with most popular accounting systems like Xero, Reckon, Quickbooks. Let us know if you would want us to develop an all in one extension for you so you only need one.

Regards
Affinity Infotech

Affinity Infotech  

Please share your skype Id if interested, so that we can discuss it further.

Affinity Infotech  

Hello,

I am in the same position as Jenny and wanted to see if an extension was developed or a solution. I use Xero for all of my film production clients and need a way of integrating Hot Budget excel spreadsheets and Showbiz.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, especially suggestions for other useful tools/softwares that integrate with xero.

Thank you,

Jessica

Jessica White  

Hello,

I am in the same position as Jenny and wanted to see if an extension was developed or a solution. I use Xero for all of my film production clients and need a way of integrating Hot Budget excel spreadsheets and Showbiz.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, especially suggestions for other useful tools/softwares that integrate with xero.

Thank you,

Jessica

Jessica White  

Howdy,

Same here - if there are any more updates on this, I would love to know.

Thanks,
Felicia

Felicia Brunsting