Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > Find a Developer >

To use SQL to extract data from my Xero database.

Started by Audrey Yeo -   in Find a Developer

Hi,
I would like to find a developer who can train me to use SQL to extract data from my Xero database.
My company is a SME based in Melbourne and we use Xero system. I want to learn SQL so I can extract fields in Xero System to produce reports that I want. If you know how, please contact me and let me know the cost for providing me the training.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Audrey

Hi Audrey,

Just as a note - Xero doesn't provide access to its databases via SQL, but we do allow for retrieval of your data via the public API - have a look at https://developer.xero.com/ for details.

Best of luck with your search!

Russell

Russell Dear (Xero Staff)  

Hi Audrey,

As Russel mentioned you cannot access Xero using SQL query.

But I can help you with producing the reports you want and even provide you an application which you can use to extract data/fields from Xero anytime.

Just drop me an email on integratiohubcloud@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Integration Hub  

Unless you use the CData Xero ODBC Driver depending on your budget
https://www.cdata.com/drivers/xero/odbc/

I had mixed results with some quite straight forward SQL queries but once I had flagged them up with their support dept they were only too happy fix the issues and upgrade and supply the driver.

Nick Glide  

Hi All,

Thanks for your email. I am looking for someone who is based in Melbourne, Australia to train me to extract data from Xero Database. There is limitation for the reports that I generated from Xero User Interface so I want to be able to write a query to extract the data that I want from Xero Database.

Audrey Yeo  

Hi Audrey,
Go to my website for clear instruction on how to connect Xero to Power BI desktop. Go the blog page of analyticsrealtime.com.au

Need help creating smart reports, give me a call.
Goodluck
Elizabeth@Analyticsrealtime.com.au.

Elizabeth Tachjian CPA  

Hi Audrey,

If you are still looking for help with this I am in Melbourne and am happy to discuss your Xero reporting requirements and provide training onsite if we can come to terms.

You can contact me initially at xero@gtod.net.

Cheers,

Gregory Tod

Gregory Tod  

Hi Gregory,

Do you have a telephone number that I can call.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Audrey

Audrey Yeo  

Hi Audrey,

My number is 0439 305 990. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Greg

Gregory Tod