Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > Getting Started >

Payment processing error

Started by Nicole Sample -   in Getting Started

When my customers get their invoices in their email, they use the link created in the email or the hyperlink created on the PDF attachment.

It takes them to the "pay page" for tat specific invoice, they enter all of their card info and then they get this error "Email address is invalid, the correct format should be similar to "someone@example.com"".

It does this even though there is no place to enter an email.

Any advice would be great. Today is the first day we are having this issue and we cannot really tell if it is a Xero issue or a Stripe issue.
Have a look at the link that is provided on the Pay Button maybe it's a html encode issue

Kind Regards
Henzard Kruger
Certified Advisor and API developer
Picahoo cc - 0711304241 - henzard@picahoo.co.za

Henzard Kruger  

we are having the same problem as Nicole Sample! any ideas on how to resolve it?

Talia Koifman  

Today I had a client tell me the same thing, I even tried doing it myself and get the same error message. Any news n this?

Joseph Serrone  

I've sent this to Xero support...

Joseph Serrone  

I just received the following message from Xero support which resolved my issue, I accidentally had a space in my client email address...

Hi Joesph
This issue is usually caused from an extra space at the end or beginning of the email in the contact details in Xero.
Please remove and spaces that may be present in the email field within the contact details.
Also. please reply back to this email letting us know if this has or hasn't fixed your issue.
Kind regards
Kevin

Joseph Serrone  

I am having the same issue and there are no spaces in my email details.Please help

Dave Beresford  

I am having the same issue and there are no spaces in my email details.Please help

Dave Beresford  

Dave Beresford