Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > Getting Started >

Delete ALL data and start again?

Started by Steve McKeogh -   in Getting Started

Hi,

I know all about the Demo Company account, and I'm aware you can reset this account back to how it was when created, but this account contains loads of data initially that I do not want, so this account is no good for me.

So I'm on my trial account, which starts with everything nice and empty (makes my OCD all happy). But whilst doing API calls and filling it with data, we can't (understandably) delete certain data (e.g Auth'd invoices).

Is there anyway we can reset a NON demo account back to nothing, I mean delete everything I have created and get it back to blank so I can start fresh and not worry about invoice numbers being taken up during testing?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Hi Steve

It's not possible to reset a non-Demo account. You would need to create a new trial account, and delete the old one if you no longer need it for testing. You can do this on the https://my.xero.com page.

Thanks
Angela

Angela Marshall (Xero Staff)  

Hi Angela
How do we reset a demo account?
I've searched, but I cant find anything to allow me to do this.

Thanks

Darrell Smith  

Hi Darrell,

You can reset the Demo company by going to my.xero.com, scrolling down below your list of organisations and clicking Reset to the right of Try the Demo Company.

This only works for the included Demo Company. As mentioned before, if you had signed up for a trial company you can't reset it and would need to create a new trial.

Thanks
Angela

Angela Marshall (Xero Staff)  

Hi Angela,
Can you confirm if there is still no functionality to reset a non-Demo account or to delete all transactions made within a certain period/ posted across via the API? We are developing a system which create upwards of 20 postings for a single transaction and for testing purposes it would be far easier to start afresh for each test run.
many thanks,
Mike

Michael J  

Hi Michael,

There's still no option to reset non-demo organisations.

If you wish, you can create a feature request here - Xero Business Community: Feature Requests

W. Abdullah (Community Manager)  

Hi W.Abdullah,

Thanks for your response, thats good to know.

Michael J  

I have raised a feature request here for anybody who stumbles across this discussion:

https://community.xero.com/business/discussion/87322763/

Michael J  

Hi, I have a similar query relating to deleting data. I have only recently started using Xero. I imported bank account transactions dating back to 1st April 17 up to current date (I am now using a Barclays automatic import feature), however, I am actually only now going to use all data from April 18. I want to delete all April 17-March-18 bank statements. No invoices, wages or other items were created in Xero for the April-17 to March-18 period and all I did was reconcile statements. If my understanding is correct, I can manually delete all bank account entries from April-17 to March-18 which will leave the April-18 onwards data remaining and this will leave my Xero history as if I had only started using Xero in April 2018. Is this correct?
Many Thanks,
Tom

Tom Brown  

Hi,
I have a credit card i had put in XERO not realising that it was also linked to another credit card, so transactions were doubling. I deleted the credit card but all the charges are still showing in my chart of accounts/liabilities?

Georgina Kyriacou  

Hi,
I have a credit card i had put in XERO not realising that it was also linked to another credit card, so transactions were doubling. I deleted the credit card but all the charges are still showing in my chart of accounts/liabilities?

Georgina Kyriacou