Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > API Endpoints >

Accounting API create invoice error

Started by Viktor Veres -   in API Endpoints

Hi there,

I'm using the xero accounting api (OAuth 2.0) with xero-node sdk (v4.17.0), in the past few day I've found some invoices that has not been created on Xero due to an authorisation error saying "An authorisation error has occurred, please check your access permissions.", errorNumber: 23. I haven't found any info about the error number, could you help me to figure out what could cause the authorisation error please?

The scopes that we have: openid profile email accounting.transactions accounting.budgets.read accounting.reports.read accounting.journals.read accounting.settings accounting.settings.read accounting.contacts accounting.contacts.read accounting.attachments accounting.attachments.read offline_access

Thanks for your help.
Hey Viktor,

Thanks for reaching out. We expect this error to show up when the organisation does not have permissions to create invoices, for eg when creating invoices is not part of the org subscription plan, ie the org is a cashbook or ledger org.

Are you able to confirm if thats the case.

Thanks
Keertika

Keertika Chandola (Community Manager)  

Hey Keertika,

Thanks for the reply. That's not the case as we use Xero every day and this error came up only in a few cases.

Viktor Veres  

Hey Viktor,

Can I please recommend sending us a few more details about such requests at api@xero.com
We will be able to take a better look.

Thanks
Keertika

Keertika Chandola (Community Manager)