Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > API Authentication >

Custom Connections

Started by Daryn Kitchener -   in API Authentication

Hi folks,

My understanding is that if I want to access a Xero Organisation without redirecting the user to a login page we use the new Custom Connection ($10 per month). I have purchased this but cannot locate a code example for connecting using this product. I have setup the app in MyApps and we are using .NET 4.8, WebForms. Ideally, just looking for a small snippet of code to connect to the our organisation and then which NUGET package would suit for doing simple things such as get invoice details, add a customer, etc.

Thanks heaps for helping me get started.
Hey Daryn thanks for the post.

The team are working on updates to the .net SDK this week so check back here early next week and you'll have everything you need :)

Cheers,
Dan

Dan Young (Xero Staff)  

Dan, thanks for the update. I have checked over the past few days and nothing yet that I can see. It says last update was 28 days ago. Any ideas on what I am looking for on that page or if the update has been held off a bit longer?

I'd like to get cracking as soon as possible. Whilst the custom connection is only 10 bucks a month it's still money being spent that I cant quite access and use.

Thanks heaps.

Daryn Kitchener  

Hey Daryn - it's in flight right now in the team's current sprint. I'll update the thread when it's available for you. I was hoping beginning of this week but might be end of the week, apologies for the delay.

Cheers
Dan

Dan Young (Xero Staff)  

Sweet. Appreciate the super quick response and look forward to hearing back when it's available shortly. Cheers Dan.

Daryn Kitchener  

Hey Dan. I can see some updates were done but it still isnt clear if this addresses my questions about using the custom connection. Any ideas on what I should be looking for. There is Custom Connection samples elsewhere in REPO but for Ruby, Java, etc. Thanks.

Daryn Kitchener  

Hey Daryn - yep it's in progress will update the thread as soon as I get confirmation it's all good to go for you.

Cheers
Dan

Dan Young (Xero Staff)  

Thanks.

Daryn Kitchener  

Hey Daryn,

Please check out our GitHub repo for the updated Custom Connections SDKs.

Chers,
Dan

Dan Young (Xero Staff)  

Thanks Dan. Looks exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.

Daryn Kitchener  

Brilliant :)

Dan Young (Xero Staff)  

Hi all
Is there a specific NUGET package available to install for .Net to enable the use of "Custom Connections"

Thank in advance
Z

zahir hussain