Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > Getting Started >

Getting National Insurance number from UK Employees?

Started by James Kemp -   in Getting Started

Does this API access UK clients and if so is it possible to access employees NI number? (Need it for insurance process within our app which we're looking to integrate).
The UK Payroll API is currently under development and not publicly available, however the employees NI number will be accessible via the API.

James Coleman (Community Manager)  

Thanks James, so once the UK Payroll API is available NI number will be accessible, that's good. Any idea of public availability for the API?

James Kemp  

As the API is under development, it's difficult for us to commit to a date at this stage. I would hope we can deliver sometime this year, but as we progress with the development and testing we'll get closer to a point where we have a date we can deliver to and we'll share this as soon as we can.

Thanks James, what's the best way for me to keep updated as to the release of the UK payroll API?

James Kemp  

If you're not signed up already, register for developer updates here:
http://developer.xero.com/subscribe-to-the-xero-api-developer-mailing-list/

Done, thanks James.

James Kemp  

I have only just signed up for the updates. Where an I check progress on the UK payroll api please?

Alastair Slade  

Hi Alastair, at this stage signing up to our developer updates is the best thing to do, when we have a release date we know we can hit we will share this. At this stage other work is taking priority so we still don't have an ETA.

Hi James

When we met at Accountex you seemed to think that there might be some news on the subject of UK payroll API later this year, is that still your plan?

I am registered for developer updates but don't recall seeing anything on this.

Thanks

Alastair

Alastair Slade