Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Developer Help Center

Xero Developer Community

Community > API Endpoints >

Repeating Invoice Line Items not available any more?

Started by Zane Francis -   in API Endpoints

Hi,

We have some scripts that run over the repeating invoices in our Xero account to help with cashflow projections, etc.

Up until recently (within the last two weeks) our API call to the repeatinginvoices endpoint would return a LineItems array with line item details (application/json).

However, now I seem to be only receiving an empty LineItems array.

I am getting the same behaviour in the Xero API Previewer.

I have tried also making a GET call for a specific Repeating Invoice (in the API previewer as well) and still get the empty LineItems array.

Has something changed on Xero's end recently where an extra parameter needs to be provided, etc to have this detail included? I could not find anything in the repeating invoice section of the Xero API doco?

The scripts look at the line item details on the repeating invoices because it takes into account some specific custom tracking values on the line items, so just using the repeating invoice total will not suffice.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,

Zane
Hey Zane,

Thanks for raising. We've been doing some work on speeding up invoice queries and looks like we've inadvertently broken line items on repeating invoices.

It might speed things up if you happen to know exactly what day the line items stopped returning - was it yesterday?

We'll get this fixed as top priority today.

Adam Moore (Community Manager)  

Hi Adam,

The best time window I can give you, is that it was running fine on July 29th, but we started getting issues when it was next run on August 9th.

Hopefully, that’s a good starting point for your team.

Thanks,

Zane

Zane Francis  

Hi Adam,

I can confirm it broke sometime on the 14th - it was working fine in the morning but later in the day stopped working.

The day before a few of our integrations had stopped working because LineItems with a zero value (we use to flag types of transactions) stopped including their ItemCode. Will that be fixed as well?

Cheers,
Lindsay

Lindsay Stewart  

Hi Adam,

Just to be clear about my date range above (July 29th good and August 9th bad) it's possible that the original error we saw on August 9th may have been caused by something slightly different (could have been line items with some values null).

I only got a chance to start investigating these yesterday (14th) and in all my testing of our scripts here (and using the API Previewer) I was getting the empty LineItems. I can confirm from raw data that we capture in one of our other scripts, that we had been getting non-empty LineItems up until the 14th as Lindsay has mentioned, but even this script output is getting the empty LineItems now.

Thanks,

Zane

Zane Francis  

Hi Adam.
Any updates?

Colin Hewitt  

Hi again everyone, we've identified the problem and are working on the fix. Just making sure we've got all scenarios covered. Should be resolved in the next hour or two.

Hi Adam.
Any updates?

We still get no lineitems from the repeating invoice endpoint.

Jinbo Chi  

Hi everyone,

You'll probably have noticed we has an (unrelated) outage that bumped this fix back a bit.

Happy to say it is finally in prod now. Line items should be coming back as normal.

Apologies again. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks Adam. Confirmed that our scripts are working again.

Zane Francis  

Hi Adam, working fine here too. Many thanks.

Lindsay Stewart  

Great work Adam! Thanks for such clear communication

Colin Hewitt  

Working fine here, thank you.

Jinbo Chi