Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Sales Invoices - 'Ship To'/Job Address

Started by Maximum Business Solutions in Feature Requests | Working on it

Selecting and using a client is a bit cumbersome, you have to wait for the name to appear and then you can't get anymore information until you SAVE the invoice / bill and then see the address etc.
Can we have SHIP TO address for when the PAYER is not at the address where the work was done.

eg: Rental property maintenance is not paid by the tenant so the bill goes to a different address but should have the 'ship to' or works done at Address!!
Official Xero Reply
Hi team, back again a few months on (Dec 18) and I know you’re all eagerly awaiting news here. If you’re rather new to Xero, or are in one of the lucky regions where this is already available (NZ, AU, US or Singapore) you’ll have seen the sleek new design and functionality that new invoicing has to offer - This'll be open to all other regions too, soon.

The long-term vision is for constant iterations to new invoicing until we’re on par with classic, and then exceeding earlier functionality and ease of use. With this view in mind the decision has been made to ensure ship-to is in new invoicing asap, and this means another pivot for the product team building this functionality shifting from working with the older to new framework. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, and recognising that we don’t want to get further hopes up toward a time frame for delivery I’ll be back once this is all ready, and being released. Although, I really do want to assure you here, despite the hold ups a feature for delivery/ship-to address is most definitely being developed.

Kelly M (Community Manager)