Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Done

New invoicing- show more details without having to click into each line item on invoice entry screen

Started by Peter Russell-Wilks in Feature Requests | Done!

Hi,
I have started to use the 'new invoicing' that's just been released and can't say that I'm particularly impressed. Some of the simplicity of the old invoicing has disappeared. Please can you reinstate the visibility of the following:
Part Number/SKU number
Discount Given
Account
Tax Rate

Without these being on the one page, it's very easy to make mistakes and not notice them.

Also, when entering plain text into the description I.E. a description of what the invoice contains, if I accidentally click in quantity or tab to it, it gets auto filled with avalue of 1 which can't be deleted.

You've definitely taken a large backwards step with this 'upgrade'.
Official Xero Reply
Hi Peter and Jess, sorry I didn't make it back sooner. I wanted to confirm that in Oct last year we released an improvement to new invoicing where you can now show or hide fields of your invoice in the creation screen. Keen to hear if this has helped your experience.

Kelly M (Community Manager)