Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

CIS - Enable CIS codes in quotes

Started by Chris Weatherall in Feature Requests | Idea

On the iOS App:
Can’t view my invoices to clients on the app, if they contain CIS elements, this is bonkers. The strange thing is this did work once, and looked good, now it says it won’t do it.
Can’t assign a labour line to use the code for CIS deductible labour in a quote or invoice.

On the website:
Can’t create a quote and allocate a line to CIS deductible labour.
I Can change a code to the CIS code once an invoice is created, but this is double handling.

So, at the minute, if I’m quoting/ invoicing in the field, which is key to construction in the UK, I have to:
Create quote in app, with the labour line shown as normal sales (ie no CIS)
Show the client the quote
Invoice the client from the app, still with no CIS shown but send them the draft (and hope they put it on the system)
Get to a PC, change the labour line code from normal sales to cis
Send the client the real invoice
Can now no longer view my invoice on a mobile device, as it simply will no show the detail
Thanks for adding the detail, Chris. It helps to break out each request so that we can gauge demand from the wider community more easily (others might want CIS codes enabled on Quotes, but not use the mobile app). So I'll rename the title of this request, and if you could add another for enabling CIS on the mobile app, I'll edit my comment to add the link in here for anyone else that might be interested! Cheers!

Lauren C (Community Manager)

Thanks for the reply, I think this just falls under more CIS functionality in general, but I'll raise another post.

Any company (doesn't have to be a construction company) spending over 1m on construction sub contractors in the UK has to use this system, and almost any construction sub contractor of any kind has to also, unless they're gross payment status which is practically impossible to keep as a small business sub contractor.

Chris Weatherall

Cheers Chris, can see you've added the request over here - Xero Mobile - Use CIS codes in app (I've just renamed so others can easily see that the request is for). Don't forget to add your own vote!

Update: Here's the new link where we're collecting feedback on CIS codes in invoicing/quotes in the app - Xero Mobile - Invoicing with CIS

Lauren C (Community Manager)