Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Tell us how we're doing >

A proper forum

Started by Stephen Oliver -   in Tell us how we're doing

So the xero community has now be succeeded by Xero central - who and why was that decision made? Its extremely hard to find anything and when I finally found the discussions - it was a bunch of people asking questions that were in my mind very very minor / stupid - anyone with half an ounce of sense could google them, if that is they made any sense at all.

As a long term MYOB user wanting to jump ship 2 things are stopping me - ship to address and also the community support - there is none - At leas MYOB has a proper forum, easy to read, browse and ask questions. For a software company that claim they are all about usability - you have dropped the ball - please make a high grade community forum so we can all help each other.

Steve
Hi Steve, our Xero Community is still very much a thriving space, with Feature Requests constantly being monitored - it's full of great ideas, knowledge, and discussion, that us as Community Managers continually feedback to our product teams. In turn, we'll come back to those in the Community with updates on where requests currently are at.

Do appreciate your feedback around the new Discussions space. The layout is designed so it's grouped by Topic - this way, all the questions and knowledge are in one area, making it easier to access the information. Do keep in mind that we welcome users with all types of experience in using Xero - whether they've just started, or been with us since the beginning. It's a space to share knowledge you may have that others don't, & we encourage you to get involved to help others who mightn't know the tips & tricks that you do.

It's also an evolving space, with My Cases being just recently released where users can track their questions raised with the Support team. This is just the tip of the iceberg, with plenty more in the works for Xero Central.

Lauren C (Community Manager)  

Laureen-
Is ANYONE reading the Forum? MONITORED? By Whom? You sure wouldn't know it by the responses I'm reading and the lack of any feedback to US. Many suggestions have been ignored and I know of two friends that use Xero that are planning on leaving due to the fact that there is NO support from the forum.

Please get with it!

Johnny George  

Still highly attentive to the community, Johnny. Though things have changed a little over the past months.

We've launched new Discussions on Xero Central where you can collaborate and have conversation with your peers, ask questions and give advice. Feature Requests and app reviews live here in Xero Business Community - Other community mangers and myself regularly meet with Product teams here, to share and discuss the ideas that are coming through the forums here. While we will provide updates, we're also aware of the many people subscribed to the threads and will generally keep updates to where there is news to share.

With more than 5000 requests for differing functionality, I appreciate some feeling that the places you'd like to see improvement in the product may not currently be a focus for development. This is not for lack of wanting, though we do have to prioritise and the team will take feedback and votes here throughout the community into consideration when planning.

I'd still very much encourage everyone get involved with the community, both; through voting and sharing detail where you'd like to see change and why, as well as engaging with your peers in Discussions.

Kelly M (Community Manager)