Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Projects Reporting - Reflect transactions in Detail report by transaction, date not entry date

Started by Alison Habebi in Feature Requests | Working on it

If I post to a project, I need them to be reflected on the project reports on the date of the actual invoice, not reflected on the report in the month they were entered onto xero, which is a meaningless date as far as my clients are concerned. Thanks
Official Xero Reply
Hi all, as some have shared do want to confirm that we’ve now released the new Project Financials report to everyone.
This report gives you insight into how your task and expenses are tracking against a budget, helping highlight potential issues or overruns and adjust work. Importantly, each figure is filtered based on the accrual date. These changes were made after working with the research group sourced above.

As it rolls up actual expenses and time entries to allow you to compare them against their estimated expense and task respectively, there’s often multiple cost, charge and invoiced dates associated with each item - In this situation, the report cannot show a singular date.
For example, the report does not show the bill date for actual expenses as it’s possible to have multiple bill dates rolled up against an estimated expense.

The good news is that we’re currently building a new Project Transactions report to accomplish this! It’ll be a way off yet, but we’ll return in the new year when there’s more progress to share.

Kelly M (Community Manager)