Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero Connected Apps >

Xero for Export?

Started by Ivana Dryland -   in Using Xero Connected Apps

What would be the best way of customising invoices for export purposes within Xero? i.e. adding, ETA, ETD, Port of Discharge etc etc

Or would I need a add-on? If so, which one is best.
You could look at Invoice Branding using a DOCX template, but you would not be able to change any of that information for each invoice. If you need to change those details as you go then you will need to look at an external invoicing solution as there are no custom fields for Xero invoices.

Peter McCarroll  

Yeah that's what I thought. Any recommendations for the external invoicing Peter?

Ivana Dryland  

Any solutions from anybody regarding this? We have the same situation. needing to frequently add comments to an invoice body

Ben Gooden  

Ben, you can add comments to the invoice body as a line with no coding/values. This works just fine.

Peter McCarroll