Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Error when printing checks.

Started by James Frazier -   in Using Xero

I just had an issue printing a check. I found a few older checks in a briefcase and was trying to use them. When I typed in the correct check number from the front of the check I got an error that the number had already been used. I double verified the paper check and I had the number correct.

Because there was no override I had to continue randomly trying false numbers to get it to print. I have had this happen before. I forgot to enter the number and it auto filled the "next number in sequence". I can edit the number of record after the check is printed but if I try to use the number that was attached by the system next time it will give me the error even though I changed the number of record in the register.

Thanks
I found the problem on this one. Sorry I jumped the gun. The number I was trying to use was still assigned to a transaction.

James Frazier  

That's alright - it's great to hear you found the root of the issue, James.Thanks for looping back to confirm :)

Kelly M (Community Manager)