Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero Connected Apps >

Would like for Xero to sync invoices from Jobber with discounts in dollar amounts.

Started by Richard Maurer -   in Using Xero Connected Apps

Xero will not sync invoices from Jobber with discounts in dollar amounts, only percentages. We often will give discounts in round dollar amounts because it makes more sense to the customer. I find myself calculating the discount we gave to change it to a percentage after the fact, so that I can come close enough to the dollar amount and that throws everything off because it's not how the discount was originally calculated, as it often doesn't come out even with only 2 digits after the decimal allowed, which causes invoices and payments not matching. I then have to add a note explaining why.
Heya Richard, atm invoices in Xero can only be entered with a percentage discount. You might be best to reach out to Jobber directly on this one, to see if there's another way they can send the discount through to Xero (like a separate line item amount). They built the integration with Xero, so'll be in the best place to advise you here. Cheers :)

Lauren C (Community Manager)