Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Auto Calculate Credit Card Fee or online payment fee and show on Invoice

Started by Michael Martion -   in Feature Requests | Scheduled

I'd like to see a feature that automatically calculates a credit card charge and adds it to an invoice. As it stands now, If someone clicks through on the PayPal button, there's no ability to add the credit card charge. So the vendor is forced to wear the charge. Or do some convoluted narration on the invoice itself to explain the balances.

Becasue of this I am not offering a credit card facility, which I know is costing me business, but the potential for error going down the other path is quite large.

The invoice could/would look like
- Total including GST (amount owing if paying by cash, cheque, EFT)
- Finance (creadit card) charge
- Total amount owing (if paying by credit/debit card)
Official Xero Reply
As I mentioned mid this year a big focus of ours recently has been on Payment Services. What's been done so far (Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay) and what's coming up (Worldpay, BPay, Stripe ACH) is no mean feat and fits into our bigger plan of making it easier for you to collect payment from your customers. It's taken longer than we anticipated, and has meant that features we were working on (like Prompt Payment discounts) had to be put on hold, along with thinking about this request.

Having said all that we're looking into Auto Credit Card fees right now and are currently designing up a solution that we'll look to build next year. As usual, it's very hard to indicate a release date yet as it's still early stages. Just wanted to let you know that we understand this feature is important and useful - so we're keen on getting this done as soon as we can now the team have some space in their schedule!

For my money, Community is just one piece of the puzzle - it lets our Product team know big things that our customers want, and alerts us to little issues that can be quickly fixed. It also sets expectations on when functionality can be delivered, however there seems to be the expectation that software can be created overnight. We can't always develop on a whim as we have short and long term plans that effect what the Product team works on next. Payment Services haven't always been as much of a focus; but they are now. More on the prioritisation process can be found here.

I know the passion's there, enough to think about Crowd funding, and social media campaigns, but it's not able to make this happen faster. In the next few months, once we've got a better idea on timeframes, we'll come back here to update you. Until then, enjoy your holidays - I know it's a stressful time but next year at Xero is going to be a biggie; many things in the works.

Brittany H (Community Manager)