Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Auto Calculate Credit Card Fee or online payment fee and show on Invoice

Started by Michael Martion in Feature Requests | Under Consideration

I'd like to see a feature that automatically calculates a credit card charge and adds it to an invoice. As it stands now, If someone clicks through on the PayPal button, there's no ability to add the credit card charge. So the vendor is forced to wear the charge. Or do some convoluted narration on the invoice itself to explain the balances.

Becasue of this I am not offering a credit card facility, which I know is costing me business, but the potential for error going down the other path is quite large.

The invoice could/would look like
- Total including GST (amount owing if paying by cash, cheque, EFT)
- Finance (creadit card) charge
- Total amount owing (if paying by credit/debit card)
Official Xero Reply
Hi all -

I'd like to let you know that the beta period is over, and we’ve released the Stripe surcharging option for all orgs set up with Stripe. Here are a few things to know:

- After experimenting with the beta, we decided to let you set your own surcharge rates, rather than auto-calculating. The fee Stripe charges can differ in some regions depending on the card your customers pay with, so we wanted to give you the power to set your own rates.

- When you enable surcharging (in the Stripe pop up on the payment services page), your rate is defaulted to the percent that Stripe charges based on your org region. The fee you can charge is capped at 5% of the invoice total.

- You can create multiple surcharge rates. To do this you'll need to create a new Stripe integration for each desired rate in your Payment Service Settings. You should tie a branding theme to each integration.

- When an invoice is paid through Stripe with surcharging enabled, three transactions will be created to be reconciled: a payment transaction, a spend money for the fee Stripe charges, and a receive money for processing fee the customer pays. Our Stripe auto-reconciliation feature should make this easy!

- More info on how to set all this up is in our Help Centre.

I'd like to thank the beta users again for their participation and invaluable input!

Cheers,
Anne

Anne Dehmer (Xero Staff)