Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Company structure

Started by NSUK Accounts -   in Small Business

Hi All,

I’m looking for some advice on Company structuring.

For example, if I have a general building company, and we carry out work the following areas,

Brick work
Plumbing
Decoration
Tiling
Roof work

Would you recommend setting up an umbrella company ( General Build LTD) and then each area as a limited company below (General Build Plumbing LTD etc), or just one massive company that carries out everything?

Also I have the following questions
Is there any benefits to each set up?
Would the umbrella company pay wages etc?

I have a meeting set up with an accountant at the end of the month, but Any advice would be helpful and will also give me some knowledge going to the account.

(I’ve searched google and there isn’t much about this)

Thank you in advance
You need an attorney to help you with this.

Nancy Leach