Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Monthly Historical Figures Prior To Conversion

Started by Joem Cua -   in Using Xero

Hi All

I need advise on what to do on the following:

Basically what we wanted is to have figures on our profit/loss prior to us converting into Xero. We started using it on July 1st, and ideally, we would like the figures for January to June.

I came across a topic for doing Manual Journals to record this and have followed the instructions in there but the figures did not appear, in fact, it messed up our reports.

I voided the Journal I created (this was for June figures as a start) and have emailed Xero support and they have looked into our account and advised to remove the blank comparative balances on our conversion page.

We did this and then recorded the journal again hoping this'll work to no avail.

Anyone come across this problem before? I know I followed the instructions faithfully but I might have missed a few details as I am new to this. Can anyone who has done the same thing (Historical figures through Manual Journals) share their experience?

Thank you.
Hi Joem, it's possible to show figures on the profit & loss prior to your org's Conversion Date. However, you'll need to post multiple manual journals if you're wanting to span these figures over multiple months. We have a short video with some more detail on this that might help. Otherwise, I'd recommend coming back into the team at Support. With an invite they'll be able to get in for a closer look to give a bit more detail to help you here. :)

Kelly M (Community Manager)