Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Classic Expenses are not enabled for new staff

Started by Simone Pennie -   in Using Xero

Xero only allows a business to use Classic Expenses on the App if they existed before the New Expense app was trialled. However they have failed to explain that this actually means for existing users in the business. My business is taking on 2 staff a month and none of those new staff can now access the Classic Expense App.
My problem is that I cant allow them to use the new App because a business can only access 1 App.
They of course can use the browser version but that has less functionality than the App which is why we we werent using it in the first place.
The recommendation from Xero support was to look at non Xero products.
Please join me in demanding that Xero fix the problem they have created and very quickly either ensure the new app delivers on all the existing functionality and more or allows the old app to at least continue as is.
Hiya Simone, thanks for coming into Support about this as well. It does sound like someone in the org has the Expenses user role assigned to them, I suggest having a look at your User Settings to see if this is the case. If it is, then you'll need to make sure that this role has been removed from all the users in the org.

As the new users who are added to the org do not have any current claims in classic Expense Claims, they'll be able to access this feature via the new Expenses Claims Details report. All they'll need to do is click into one of the receipts on the report and tap on the Expense Claims link on the top of the screen. Once they submit a receipt from here, they'll be able to access classic Expense Claims.

Kavi S (Community Manager)