Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > UK Payroll >

Holiday accrual in practice

Started by Rebecca Owens -   in UK Payroll

Hi

Hoping someone can advise as to how they do this! We are new to part time staff, and have set them up with the accrual holiday allowance as they can work different hours each week. Our holiday year runs Jan - December, and I am confused as to how it works, for example, the member of staff could be accruing holidays up until Xmas, but wouldn't have time to take them!

Can I do a cut off, so whatever is accrued post December 1st rolls over to the next year for example?

Just interested to hear what others do!
Hiya Rebecca, hopefully a few of the experts in this space can jump on here and dole out their processes with you here.

For now (in case you haven't seen the banner we've posted in Community) I just wanted to let you know that from next Monday 15 Oct 18, we have a new Discussions forum on Xero Central where you can ask these sorts of questions to the community there. This topic and the discussions here will turn to read-only from Monday, so if you don't quite hear back from anyone on this by then, feel free to ask again there. :)

Kavi S (Community Manager)