Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Quick way of entering frequent purchases from suppliers

Started by Asha Mahasuria -   in Small Business

I am currently evaluating XERO in a trial version,have been using MYOB premier for years.

I have found recurring transactions but can't seem to set up a template for individual suppliers for purchases where I simply change date, amount, invoice number (MYOB allows this). Currently use this to save time when entering invoices, where we receive numerous invoices per day for individual jobs from a single supplier, very tedious having to enter all the details every time.

I even have recurring transactions set up in Spend Money in MYOB which again saves alot of time.

In XERO I can only seem to set a recurring transaction that does not change

Anyone (or previous MYOB users) able to help?
Hi, the Spend Money transactions - I'd suggest setting up Bank Rules for these. Xero will then suggest the coding when the transaction comes through the bank feeds and the conditions within the rules are set.

For your supplier recurring invoices, I'd suggest you enter one Bill, Save a Draft and then copy the draft. Or you can copy an approved bill.

Margaret Haines