Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Tell us how we're doing >

Project Time and linking Bills to a project

Started by Matthew Wilkinson -   in Tell us how we're doing

Hi Xero,

I've just been doing some testing on your demo account and the new project's module is good however I'd like to submit the below feedback on why I can't use the module for it just yet for my company;

Adding Multiple time entries at once, so selecting a number of dates and then adding in standard set of hours for those selected dates.
Eg 8 hours on the multiple selected dates
At the moment we have to add in single time entries.

Adding a bill to a project
I use Expensify to manage my expenses and I need the ability to add a bill to the project so that it appears as a attachment on the Project invoice.
As you're adding a expense directly to the project it appears as one line item in the time sheet invoice instead of itemising the expenses on the invoice. Which my customers sometimes want to see.

If the functionality exists please let me know and I'll give it a test.

Thanks
Matt
Thanks for posting, Matt. Do appreciate where you're coming from here and how you'd find changes beneficial to streamline your work processes.

Unravelling your post there's slightly more than one request entailed here. We do have a request for linking Projects to timesheets which is something we've recently released in AU and are currently working on for NZ and UK payroll.

In terms of syncing of data with your Expensify integration - this is something Expensify would need to choose to expand on, as they designed and built they integration between themselves and us. You can reach out to them through the contact detail on their review page here in community.

Kelly M (Community Manager)