Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > AU Payroll >

BAS Reporting

Started by Friller Sex Shop -   in AU Payroll

Hi all, i am not so great with accounting and need some honest advise. Is it really easy for me to do my own BAS or should i be paying my accountant hundreds every 3 months just to do what look like a very easy job for him? I am in the sex adult toys industry and run an online only sex shop that also sells lingerie to give you some background. All of my systems are interconnected sharing the sales, purchase and inventory data so it is all in xero and the accountant jjust runs a report i think?

But my worry is can i mess things up badly if i do it myself?
Best Reply as chosen by Friller Sex Shop (Original Poster)
One of the key things to remember if you are doing your own BAS is to make sure that you have applied the GST component correctly against all of your transactions, if you are concerned about the cost of your Accountant doing this for you perhaps look into getting a Bookkeeper/BAS Agent instead as they usually charge cheaper rates than Accountants, at least until you have a good understanding as to what and how you need to report information to the ATO. I'm a registered BAS Agent so I would be happy to do some training with you?

Linda Ferguson