Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Superannuation not calculating correctly

Started by Megan Smith -   in Small Business

I have just noticed that I have inconsistent calculations of superannuation on a pay run. It never before occurred to me to manually check that Xero calculated the superannuation correctly but this stood out.
I have a gross wage of $336.90 and Xero is calculating the superannuation based on the statutory method as $64.02. This is TWICE the amount it should be. I ended up having to change the setting to the Percentage Method to get the correct amount of $32.01. This led me to check the others. The majority - but not all, are incorrect.
I went back to all my payroll settings and checked every pay code and allowance and all were correct. The allowances are selected to include superannuation, but for some employees it is not calculating it, but then for others, on the exact same allowance it is. I went through every employee pay template just in case there was an inconsistency there but cannot find any reason for it.
I have an employee with a gross wage of $240 for the week and Xero will not calculate any superannuation for them unless I change the statutory option to percentage option - given that in the month they will earn in excess of $450. This is despite a person on a lesser gross wage getting superannuation applied to their pay by Xero - on the exact same settings.
Any advice appreciated.