Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > NZ Payroll >

NZ Payroll - Leave that has changed for casual

Started by Sonya Afendoulis -   in NZ Payroll

I have employee that were accruing leave, but then changed to casuals a while back so their pay has been paid into pays when paid, but the rollover dated has come, and now it has put then into negitive leave that i can't balance? i have two pay runs out i need help asap!!
Best Reply as chosen by Kelly M (Community Manager)
Hi Salma
I had a similar problem and Xero support provided me the below instruction which worked.

"If you'd like to edit an employee's holiday pay balance, please go to Payroll > Employees > select the employee > Leave tab. From here, click on the balance below the Holiday Pay heading to bring up the Edit Leave Type box. Ensure the Balance in Dollars (opening balance) field is 0 then click Save.

Take note of the balance on the screen (current balance) then click back into the holiday pay balance. The opening balance field should be the difference between the employee's holiday pay balance that you've manually calculated and the current balance displaying on the Leave tab - this is what you'll need to enter into the Balance in Dollars field > Save.

Once you've saved it, the balance in blue will represent your manual calculation.

To adjust the annual leave balance, please process a $0 unscheduled pay run. The annual leave can be edited under the Leave Accruals heading in the draft pay run."

Hope that helps

Aileen Pennington