Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > AU Payroll >

Calculated value of leave balance

Started by Katharine Cooke -   in AU Payroll

I've just noticed something about the way Xero calculates the value of leave balances in its Leave Balances Report.

It uses the most current pay rate, regardless of which reporting period is selected. The upshot of which is that when I run a leave balance report for, say, June 2017, it no longer matches the figure on the Balance Sheet for that period. It also means that when I posted my journal in July to accrue leave provisions for June, they were accrued at the new July pay rate.

This is a problem, surely?

Or do I just have to remember to post my journals before any pay rises come into effect in the following period?

And keep separate worksheets so I have a record of original calculations? (Or publish all my Leave Balance reports, I suppose)

Still feels a bit like a programming oversight.