Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Two organisations under one log on

Started by Brooke Halley -   in Small Business

Hi All,

Just wondering it’s possible to run two organisations through one log on/one subscription? Or
Do I need to have two separate subscriptions?
I would like to be able to run both through one platform?

Cheers
Brooke
Hello Brooke,

Can you confirm if these organizations/businesses are completely separate legal entities and would you require separate books for each?

Thanks

Kriesel Gaspar  

Hi Brooke

You can surely separate two organization by creating different tracking categories. Contact me if you need further help.

Regards

Ilyas Anis
me@ilyasanis.com

Ilyas Anis  

Two different tax ID numbers, two different files. The cost of the additional subscription is nothing compared to what your accountant will bill you to clean up the mess.

Nancy Wauchope  

You'll need two subscriptions - but you can use one login - and switch companies by clicking the name at the top.

Anthony Kear  

Assuming you need to file two BAS returns then definitely two subscriptons.

Margaret Haines