Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Please Help! Reconciling ReceiptBank Expense Reports in Xero

Started by Dan Drury -   in Small Business

Small consultancy of 2 people. 90% of our expenses get passed on/rebilled to clients as part of invoice eg 2 days work plus travel plus subsistence. All our clients insist on copies of receipts.

So I LOVE using ReceiptBank to take photos of receipts then put them into a shiny expense report for the client. I produce a pdf report and save it to my Xero library so I can easily attach it to the invoice.

The problem comes with reconciliation - as I am reconciling the individual bank transactions against an expense report, Xero can't automatically reconcile/match items.

This means I have to pick a transaction, manually search for the expense report and then make a number of other clicks to select it, split the payment etc. It's taken something very beautiful and simple and made it long winded.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it me making it complicated? There must be an easier way?

Please help!!
Thanks for stepping out your flow here, Dan. It may depend on the integration that's set up between Receipt Bank and your Xero org atm. There's no way for Xero to match against items on a file attached to a transaction atm, but there may be another way you can set this up to help automate things when reconciling. If you come on into the team with some screenshots and examples we can get a better look at things to see if there's any suggestions we could offer.

Kelly M (Community Manager)