Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Yodlee bank feed - is this a separate app I need to sign up to?

Started by Bianca Simpson -   in Using Xero

I'm trying to set up 2 bank accounts (both Lloyds Business Banking UK accounts) but I can't connect the feeds. I've entered my online banking details correctly but I get an error message with respect to the feeds. Not sure what exactly Yodlee refers to, but would I need to sign up to this and integrate it with Xero before trying again? Many thanks in advance!
Best Reply as chosen by Bianca Simpson (Original Poster)
Hiya Bianca, Direct and Yodlee are the two type of feeds that you can have for your bank accounts.

The difference between the two is that, Direct feeds are sent to us directly by the bank themselves.You'd generally make an application online, or by completing a paper application, which'll be processed to set up connection.

Yodlee on the other hand is a 3rd party online banking provider which connects to different banking websites and financial institutions to retrieve bank statement data and imports it into your org.

If you've a few moments, do take a read of our Support article for more info on Yodlee and Direct feeds. :)

Kavi S (Community Manager)