Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > US Payroll >

US Payroll - 1)Payroll 941 filing setting & 2)credit with IRS

Started by Yumi A -   in US Payroll

1) taxes & filing section in Payroll doesn't let me set for filing quarterly and it give me the tax due as monthly. Is there a way to override that? In setting, there seems to be an option for that but it is greyed out and I am not able to select it.

2)I received a letter from IRS saying that I overpaid employment taxes and they asked me if I want a check or I want to keep it on the account. Since I will have tax liabilities, I told them to keep it on the account. How can I input this? If I do vendor credit memo, Xero will not let me apply this credit to the existing tax liabilities. It seems this letter refers to Tax periods Mar 31, 2018. I think it is original coming from 2017 period. So there is no way of fixing problem in payroll in this year.

Thank you for your assistance