Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Quotes - Convert to a deposit invoice and remaining amount invoice

Started by Phillip Davies in Feature Requests | Idea

This has been partially covered in this feature request although with the new quote functionality it would be really nice if we could do the following:

- Set a required deposit percentage on the quote (perhaps displayed on the generated quote)
- Generate an invoice for the selected percentage as a deposit invoice with the click of a button
- Generate an invoice for the remaining amount (total minus the deposit) with the click of a button
- At a glance of the quote see if a deposit and / or total invoice has been paid

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but this would really help my invoicing workflow as I often have to keep a separate record of deposits sent / paid and manually calculate the remaining amount to invoice on completion of a project.
---
There are a few similar requests around deposit, and progress functionality, feel free to add your feedback! Cheers, Brittany.

Invoicing - Customers to pay deposits on invoices
Sales Invoices - Issue progress payments to percentage claim certain items or expenses
Create Proforma Invoice, make payments and convert to an invoice
Online Quotes - Accept payment online, convert to Invoice and apply payment in XeroSales Invoices - Multiple due dates for payments/deposits, 20% on delivery, 50% in 30 days etc
Official Xero Reply
Hi everyone, thanks for your comments here and I'm sorry we're been quiet on this thread!

I know this doesn't completely resolve your request here, none-the-less, you can copy the full contents of a Quote to an Invoice. From here, you could either; manually adjust the line item amounts, or add a discount percentage so your customer will only pay the deposit percentage. You'd repeat this action to copy the original Quote as many times necessary, until the full Quote has been invoiced.

As some may have already discovered, we've been discussing deposit functionality in this other thread.
While we do want to tackle this feature we need to get a few other big items like projects and new invoicing out, before we can start planning how deposits will fit in the mix.
We understand from the comments there are multiple use cases, so when we do have a better view of a solution, and things do firm up we'll be able to come back with more clarity.

Kelly M (Community Manager)