Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Using Xero >

Part Delivery

Started by Amy Qureshi -   in Using Xero

Hello,

My colleagues and I have recently swapped from Sage to Xero earlier this year.

We are still fairly new to the accounting website and are trying to find out how to do things we used to be able to do on Sage.

One thing we are struggling to work around is how to send out a part delivery. We have been able to find solutions through trial and error but nothing is working the way we would like it to (although it's keeping us moving forward and do what we need)

We have worked out that you can do a part delivery by selecting the order you'd like to send and then copy to quote and X the products you're not sending. We've realised this gives us a new order number.

We want to know if there's a way you can send out a part delivery without the order number changing.

On Sage we were able to go into the order and amend it to match what we needed to send out without having to make a new order.

(this is important as my colleague has a spreadsheet with all orders on whether we've been completed, part or still on the system so when the order numbers are different it's complicated to work out what customer PO was alongside our order numbers)

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Amy Qureshi