Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Sales Invoices - Lines between lines items

Started by Candace Joseph in Feature Requests | Idea

When I send my clients a link to their online invoices, they are really confusing to read because there are no lines between line items. All the deliverables run together visually. I don't understand why this hasn't already been addressed and made a default setting for online invoices.
Thanks for adding this request, Candace! For now, if you add in a - or . in the description it'll add a gap. It won't be quite as what you're after though.

Brittany H (Community Manager)

Yeh, that's not a great solution when I need there to be a full width line under each item. Hoping this is a fix that can easily be made from Xero's team. Also, why was my subject line changed? It described the feature I am actually needing... "Lines between lines items for online invoices".

Candace Joseph

Heya can you check out this screenshot to see what I mean? We change the subject of requests so they're more searchable - will update it a little, sorry about that!

Thanks for sharing the screenshot! That's too many lines and only adds to the confusion ;) Just need the one between each... should be an easy fix I hope!?!

Candace Joseph

Sorry I'm a bit confused, as there is only one line between each line item in my example?

I've quickly tested entering a gap on one line item, and it gives this? Is that more what you're after? :)

No, in both of your examples there is a gap with TWO lines above and below. I'm looking for ONE line between each line item.

Candace Joseph

I think I get you now - these things can be hard over the interwebs ;) One single line (I thought you meant gap) between line items! What you want can't be done right now, but do add your vote so we can keep an eye on the demand.

How do I add my vote? I thought this was adding my vote? ;)

Candace Joseph