Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

How to Export all Data and PDF files

Started by Josh Burdett -   in Using Xero

Just a quick question. Is there a way to export all of the data that you have entered into Xero? Not just the chart of accounts but everything. We are trying to become a paperless office so all invoices and reciepts are scanned and entered into Xero. I don't particularly want to keep the scanned files on the computer becasue that is just another set of files to keep organised and with two offices not sharing the same server it is a little hap-hazard, hence we went with Xero. If worest case senario happened and I want to run my own backups eg monthly, is this possible?
Official Xero Reply
Thanks Ruairi, yes there are Apps that provide a (user/App controlled) back-up service.

However we don’t completely ignore this from within Xero - there just isn’t a one-click option to export out a copy of all your data. There are 9 reports we’d recommend you export to get a full picture of your accounts, as at export date.

Please note that if you stop your subscription with Xero, your information will not be automatically deleted. We retain all of an organisation’s data according to the legal and tax requirements of each region (in NZ that’s 7 years, 5 for those in AUS). This can be restored for you if required further down the track - you just need to get in touch with Support.

Brittany H (Community Manager)