Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Accounting >

Paypal and shopify - double transaction

Started by Thomas Lea -   in Accounting

I have a problem with my paypal integration with xero.

I have just set up paypal as a bank feed in xero, but I already had one paypal transaction which had come through shopify. I now have the same transaction twice and cant reconcile it. Can I join them together as the same transaction?

Thanks

Tom
Hi Tom,

For the first transaction which had come through Shopify directly into your Xero paypal account, you can manually mark as reconciled. To do this, please go to Xero - Paypal - Account Transactions - (Enable Mark as Reconciled from the "?" logo on Xero top right screen) - select this entry in paypal which should be currently showing as "Unreconciled" in orange text colour - and click on More-Mark as Reconciled.

Once this is done, you need to delete the duplicate entry automatically showing on dashboard through bank feed. You can do so by going to Xero-Dashboard-Paypal - Reconcile (number of) entries and then click the "x" on left side of the transaction.

In future, since paypal feeds are activated, you should allow paypal feeds to show the data on Xero dashboard, and once it is reflecting, then you should reconcile against shopify.

In case you need more help, please feel free to reach out.

I can hop on to screen sharing and do the needful for you.

Thanks.

Ankit Mehta
MMC

Ankit Mehta  

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your help. I have done the first part, but now there is no transaction left to reconcile on Xero-Dashboard-Paypal - Reconcile.

Thamks

Tom

Thomas Lea  

Can you show me your screen on screen sharing, and I can sort this out.

Please email me your skype and other contact details on ankitmehta@mmehtaco.com.

Thanks.

Ankit

Ankit Mehta  

Hi I have emailed my skype

thanks

Tom

Thomas Lea  

Hi Ankit, it woulld be great to get your help if you are still there.Thanks

Tom

Thomas Lea  

Thank you very much Ankit. That has solved the problem.

Tom

Thomas Lea  

Always great to see these sort of conversations. Thanks, Ankit. :)

Kelly M (Community Manager)