Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Accounting >

Reconciling foreign currency cash withdrawal

Started by William Trainor -   in Accounting

Hi,

There is probably a simple answer to this question so apologize if this is the case :)

I recently drew foreign currency against a business account to use for cash expenses on an overseas business trip. The cash purchase shows as a withdrawal in my account, however I am now wondering how do I reconcile the individual expenses against the account?

For example I withdrew $1000 and spent $800 on a variety of different types of expenses (cabs, hotel bill, meals etc) and have $200 left over from that $1000 withdrawal. How do I now code the different expenses against different accounts (travel, meals etc), thus offsetting the withdrawal I made for $1000 cash? And if I am holding onto the $200 left of that withdrawal for future use, how do I capture that in Xero?

Thanks!