Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Tell us how we're doing >

Xero Performance issues - Jan 2013

Started by George Patino -   in Tell us how we're doing

"Something is Broken...Yes...your servers." I cannot tell you how painful it has been moving from MYOB to XERO. In theory, XERO is a fantastic system if it stays up. I.e. if the servers do not slow down and not end up responding. As an example, my bookkeeper (which happens to be my sister) was trying to reconcile accounts on Sunday 13/1/2013, and she advised the system was running so slow i.e. very slow or no response, that she had to shut down her web browser and re-start, and still running slow. I experienced the same today. It is far too hard to turn back our accounts and head back to MYOB, but I would like to know what XERO is going to do about this? I am sure I am not the only one complaining about the level of service being nothing short of disgusting. I am not seeking financial compensation (yet it is well within my right to). I just want the damn systems to work properly! So I am asking "Why?" with all of the technology available today, and the subscriptions that we all pay, why is it the systems are experiencing pitfalls???
Best Reply as chosen by Brittany H (Community Manager)
Will link you to this thread here which also discusses the speed of Xero - sorry should have done so last week. As I mentioned there, we have found periods of slowness for some users - but if this is happening to you please get in touch with Support. It could be a different issue entirely which needs to be investigated. Thanks!

Brittany H (Community Manager)