Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Invoice Templates: DocX - Show tax subtotals above 0% field code

Started by Stuart Twigger -   in Using Xero

Hi,

Is there a field code to enable me to only show taxes above 0%?

I can set this within the standard templates in Xero. But when adding custom docx versions, that setting is not showing in the edit menu.

Currently im using this field code...

"TableStart:TaxSubTotal"Total "TaxCode" - "TaxTotal""TableEnd:TaxSubTotal"

This shows a line "Total No Tax 0% - 0.00" when tax exempt is selected. Id like to only display if anything above 5% is entered.

Thanks
Best Reply as chosen by Kelly M (Community Manager)
Just figured this out...
I'm on a Mac so getting the field codes to show may be different on a PC.

First step is to display the field codes since this is the 'actual' information the document is looking for. On a Mac:
Word/Preferences/View
check 'Field Codes Instead of Values' and close box

Then replace TableStart:TaxSubTotal with:
TableStart:TaxSubTotalByComponentExcludingZero

on both the Table Start and Table End sides.

This worked for me though wether it's the "correct" way to do it, I can't say unfortunately.

Good luck!

Kris Cox