Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Sales Invoices - To not search Contact's email address

Started by Debbie Brocklebank in Feature Requests | Idea

I have noticed today when I was entering a sales invoice for the surname Miller and when I start scrolling through the contact list not only do I get the contacts with the surname Miller but every contact's invoices (different surnames) that I email to a different party (that has the name Miller in the email address). As this is done frequently then list for Miller is becoming increasingly huge. This also applies to any contact within the system. If the email address is not added as part of the contacts details then any invoice copy emailed should not automatically add an email address to a contact. Hope this makes sense. Don't mind being contacted for clarification if it means getting this fixed.
Hey Debbie, this was added as some people like to add their contacts in an invoice via email addresses. I'll keep an eye on the demand, but it's unlikely we'd change how this works. Thanks for adding your feedback though!

Brittany H (Community Manager)

I doubt very much that many companies and those that are bulk invoicing would find this normal practice. General rule of thumb is your contacts names are the basis for invoice loading. I want my database to work for me and our business not for someone else(business directory listing being a good example of what a lot don't want)To change what is general practice just for some is deviating from good accounting software. Should email addresses then not stay within the contacts and the ability to add an invoice from that database be available instead of the minority affecting the systems for the majority.

Debbie Brocklebank