Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Import CSV into ASB Fastnet business

Started by accounts @ NOSH -   in Using Xero

Hi,

Im looking to start using batch payments from Xero and then import them into my Bank for processing. Question: Is it possible to import the CSV files created by Xero to import into ASB Fastnet business?
I've checked with our Bank Feed Team & you should be able to import Xero's file into the online version of Fastnet (I think there is an earlier desktop version?). Could you confirm how you get on when you do try it? Thanks.

Catherine Walker (Community Manager)  

The export batch from Xero uploads into ASB's fastnet business perfectly. However, I suggest that you do not select display line items individually within fastnet, makes it impossible to auto reconcile.

accounts @ NOSH  

Thanks for letting us know it worked! Yes - for banks that allow the individual vs batch display on the statement, you need to keep that in mind!

Catherine Walker (Community Manager)  

If you don't select 'display line items individually' does it reconcile each bill when you reconcile the batch payment?

Suzanne Ashton  

...and where do I find the export option for paying bills in ASB Fastnet Business please?

Suzanne Ashton  

Hi Suzanne, if one bank statement line is imported into Xero for your whole Batch Payment, this can be reconciled using Find & Match. Also, providing you’ve set up the Direct Payment Link between ASB Fastnet and Xero correctly - your Batch Payments should flow into your online banking automatically. If they aren’t, let our Support team know and they’ll run you through the steps to get going.

Matt Oldfield (Community Manager)  

can the export option into ASB Fastnet work with other banks as well? and how does it work with 2 signatories?

Liz Wilson