Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Done

Unique contact ID to allow duplicate Contact names

Started by Neil Weston in Feature Requests | Done!

I am yet to sign up for Xero and am going through a bit of research to see if it suits my needs before doing so - so please excuse this if it is already an obvious feature. However, I have been unable to find the answer in the support so far.

I am currently using MYOB and the feature in that which is important to me is the provision of a unique Customer/Supplier Card ID# - and being able to import using that unique id with duplicates being automatically rejected.

Is this able to be done with Xero or is it an upcoming (really soon) feature?

Thanks kindly
---
If you're wanting to specifically vote for including multiple contact person names and email addresses, please do so on this thread. The thread for Duplicate contact names can be found here:
Contacts: Allow duplicate contact names Thanks, Community Managers
Official Xero Reply
In today’s release you’ll see the brand new Contact Account Code field! Make sure to look at the Release Notes, and have a play to see how this new field can work for you.

For those of you that want to be able to create contacts with the same name please vote here so we can get an idea of the demand. Thanks!

Brittany H (Community Manager)