Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

GoProposal

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Accountant tools

5 out of 5 stars

Based on 29 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and GoProposal, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About GoProposal

Price more profitably, give more value to your clients & grow your business. The only software that automates the entire signup & fee review process. For more information, check out GoProposal.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with GoProposal, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, email hello@goproposal.com.

I started using GoProposal just over 12 months ago. I was chatting to another user at Xerocon who told me about the product but also the fantastic GoProposal FB community that is so so helpful. As a sole practitioner I often turn to the group for support and they are so kind in sharing thought and ideas.

The software is brilliant. It's so clear and professional looking I have had great feedback from my clients. The whole GP team are so supportive and regularly check in on me to see how I am doing. They really care about their users and show us overwhelming continued support. The App is always being updated and this is often down to suggestions of the users, they really listen. It's one of the best pieces of software that I use in my practice.

Rachael Prideaux  

GoProposal is not just amazing software but provides the advice and philosophies to make pricing services transparent for discussing with clients and enables accountancy firms to ensure they charge for all the services and value they provide to clients.

We have been using GoProposal from early 2017 and is now such a key component to our firm to manage our service scope and pricing with existing clients and prospects.

The client experience is excellent with tailored professional proposals prepared easily and seamlessly and letters of engagement and approval of them no longer a hassle and flows easily.

The pricing of services within GoProposal is very customisable so the different scope of a service can be built into the pricing to easily adjust the price of the service line face to face with a client.

The advice James Ashford and the GoProposal community so valuable and would recommend GoProposal to any accountancy firm.

Alex Graham  

GoProposal has been a game-changer. It has provided some much-needed structure to our pricing and allowed us to consistently price across the business. In doing so this has also helped us to better identify the value we provide to clients and price accordingly, resulting in a far higher average monthly fee than we thought possible.

Luke Desmond  

Go proposal is a great tool for systemising pricing and proposals within your practice. Using the app alonside advice from the Go Proposal community has had the effect of mindset change when it comes to pricing and how you communicate with clients.

With the app, you can find out information about the prospect client in the initial meeting, plug the information into the system and produce a proposal on the spot which the client can then approve before the meeting is over. Gone are the days when you go away from the initial meeting and follow up later with a proposal documents based on projected time costs.

Jamie Williams  

This has been a game changer for us as we were spending so long trying to put together smart looking proposals that reflected our ethos.
Now with GoProposal we can customise to cover all the additional services we offer and create fabulous looking proposals in minutes. The added bonus is that our prospective clients are so impressed that they comment on it and say that's what helped to showcase what a great company we are!
But my praise doesn't end there, like it would with most software! There are always new, cool features being added and the support and advice that the Facebook group provides keeps me going through the tough days.
I couldn't recommend this experience (it's not just software!!) highly enough!

Suzie Brooks  

Amazing app
Valuable content provided
It does everything advertised
Easy to use functions
Great support from the Team

Paul Botha  

What can I say about GoProposal?

I first came across the software in late 2016 when it was in its infancy. There was simply nothing worthwhile on the market back then that made pricing easy, fluent, transparent. There were on-boarding tools and other pricing apps, but most either didn't cover pricing or were just too difficult to set up.

After some ill health, I had surgery in the summer of 2017 and knew I needed to do something in my firm on pricing, to create breathing space so that I could build out our systems and bring in better clients .

I signed up with GoProposal and sent my first proposal within one week, just to try it and see. The result was amazing. After a zoom call with a prospect who needed Xero training, I carried out a live pricing session and quoted around £1,200. The prospect signed the proposal within 5 minutes of the meeting ending. I knew then the value and potential GoProposal had.

I re-priced all out clients by April 2018 for all services using GoProposal. The outcome? We added 35% to recurring fee income and dropped 18% of clients (those who were overly price sensitive or just wanted "form filling" service).

We have added about £60k to recurring fee income since then, all made so much easier using GoProposal. Yearly re-pricing is no longer a scary prospect. We're no longer disappointed if prospects say no to our quote, we are confident with our pricing and we are now getting paid for the value we deliver.

More than anything, the support from James and his team is second to none. Not to mention the GP community on Facebook which adds huge value to accounting firms, all members share advice and experience and encourage one another on their journey.

I recommend GoProposal to every accountant I speak to!

Kieran Phelan  

I absolutely love Go Proposal!
Hands down the single best decision I've made since starting my practice. Not only do the proposals you send out to new and existing clients look professional, but they also breakdown the services and fees, so your pricing is clear and transparent. This means it's clear what is and what is not included in the fee, so helps with scope creep. There's also an 'additional services' to consider section, so the client can add more services such as management accounts and review meetings, which potentially they do not even know you offered.
Very easy to use and set up.
The Go Proposal team are fantastic!
I would give 6 stars if I could.
Tim Charles, Charles Accountancy

Tim Charles  

This software makes onboarding clients so much more efficient and professional. I can price, quote, have the client engaged and invoiced in a couple of hours. At my old firm, this would have taken a couple of weeks at least. The support is fantastic and the Facebook Community and business advice is the icing on the top!

Gail Morrison  

We at Q Accountants are proud of using the best software packages available in the market (including Xero, by the way!).
GoProposal has been one of the best decisions we have made since our practice was very small. When you get the text message from the client saying "I have just accepted the proposal. P.S. it looked great", you know it is working.
They listen to the feedback and regularly adding new features.

Farid Gasanov  

We've been using GoProposal since March 2018 and it truly has been a gamechanger for us. We now have dynamic and transparent pricing software that enables us to agree a proposal in a meeting with a prospect. The proposal can be emailed to them immediately with our engagement letter attached, both of which can be accepted and signed electronically with draft invoices raised in Xero. The GoProposal team are fantastic at responding to queries and listening to suggestions, many of which have been actioned.

The key difference over the competition is the pricing tool which is so simple and effective to use and the creation of the proposal is outside the back end of the software so we can sit with a client or prospect and open up a new proposal without having to go into the back end where all our other clients' names are showing. We are now charging for all our services and as a result can provide better services to our clients and have doubled our team.

The GoProposal team have engendered an incredible facebook community which is our go to place for help and support for all things related to our accountancy firm, not just re GoProposal.

We can't recommend them highly enough.

Penny Rowden  

GoProposal is a Game changer.
From the ease of set up, customer service, creating a proposal, sending the documents, electronic signatures...the whole process has been well thought out of the actual needs and steps we Accountants take.

I can not recommend GoProposal more. Its a must have!

Joanna Ritson  

GoProposal has completely transformed the way that we run our business. Not only has the software enabled us to attract and onboard clients more effectively, but the support and knowledge gained from the Facebook group has been invaluable.

James and all of the team have been first class since day one. No other app has had such an impact on our practice.

darren ricketts  

As crazy as this sounds, I want to suggest no other accountants use GoProposal. As if we would want our competitors to have higher fees, more profits, less work and ensure they get paid for everything they do?

However, as a nice friendly person, I'd suggest every accountant should have this. It's revolutionised the way we price and quote. It's transparent, average fees have gone up, no more working for free, perfect system for alignment fees (this alone in month one pays the annual subscription). The support and training is amazing, and the team are always happy to help.

A must have for any practice, no matter the size!

Nick Hampton  

If you’re an accountant in practice that is not using Go Proposal then chances are you are leaving money on the table. This software enables you to price your services with confidence every time. It’s super easy to use and produces very professional looking proposals, which prospects love.

Go Proposal is more than just software. You will also get access to an online community, which includes some of the most forward thinking and supportive accountants around.

Karl Roberts  

Brilliant product with the deep integrations that allow us to automate as much as possible.

Great support from the owners and the important stakeholders

Exceptional online community as well.

Gamechanger? You can bet your backside it is.

Ian Butler  

A great tool for setting fair fees for both parties when onboarding new clients. Is helping me to gain and retain the ideal type of client who I can help to grow and forge a lasting working relattionship with. Have increased revenues for every existing client I have used the app for.

Hope to work more closely with the team as we are looking to rebrand the practice in the near future and convert as many exisiting clients as possible onto a GoProposal pricing structure.

Tom Fell  

We've been using GoProposal for just over a year and I can safely say it has absolutely revolutionised the way we price our services. Previously I had been using some software to generate my proposals, which created a 3-tier package price. I was not confident using it, hated trying to upsell the middle and top ones and was underselling our service. Using GoProposal has taken a lot of the emotion out of pricing, and it is much easier to provide a clear, bespoke package for each individual client.

We have GoProposal synced with Xero to create our invoices, making sure nothing is missed out, Slack to communicate when a client accepts our proposal, and Senta, to set up a prospective client when the proposal goes out. It is an absolute game changer and I would highly recommend it to any accountancy practice looking to streamline their systems and processes, and charge their worth.

Tamsyn Jefferson-Harvey  

GoProposal has really helped us price appropriately and provides our clients with more transparent pricing.

Liam Aspeling  

We've been using goproposal for about a year now and it has been fantastic. We signed up as were looking for software that could easily put together engagement letters for us but goproposal has, in fact, helped us so much more than that.

It is now far easier for us to price work consistently and fairly and it has helped us see that many of the things we were doing before for free are actually chargeable pieces of work. Our fees have gone up as a result meaning we are in a better position to give our clients the service they deserve.

Pamela Phillips  

Brilliant software, really helped me to get my pricing and sales process to look both speedy and professional from the get go. love how they are always looking to add improvements and take onboard community suggestions.

Ben Rendle  

GoProposal will make an immediate positive impact on your accountancy practice. We are used to advising clients on their ROI. My experience is that this is the best investment in technology used to run my business that I have made. It will not only enable you to develop a transparent and consistent method of pricing and producing service proposals, it will also challenge your preconceptions on how you interact with your clients at every level of the professional relationship. The ethos of the team behind this software is an example to anyone providing services - they are responsive, proactive and constantly looking for how to improve their product and the customer experience. I would recommend investing the time into getting the GoProposal framework right because once it is in place, it is quick and easy to flex to changes in your business or your clients' own needs.

Carolyn Burchell  

We've been using GoProposal for just a few months here at CloudAccountant.com, and it has made a significant difference to the client experience. We've always known we give clients good value but unless you make that clear, they won't know! Clients are now clear on what they're getting and are aware of the additional services we offer. We're now reviewing all clients and increasing prices where appropriate. Which is to all clients... I recommend James Ashford's YouTube videos if you want some guidance on how to manage the conversations with clients. The outcome is better for your firm, your staff, and most importantly your clients.

Duncan Lloyd  

We've tried all the different proposal tools and they seemed pretty good at the time. What we now get from GoProposal though is something much slicker. It's perfect for using in front of your clients which creates a great, transparent experience. It also creates the engagement letter automatically which saves a tonne of time

We're now getting clients signing up in the meeting, saving time and reducing the sales cycle. We also find clients wanting to buy more services because everything so clear.

Paul Barnes  

If you want to get professional proposals out to clients and prospects that can be prepared by anyone in your team (as they will love it) with the most flexible pricing methodology possible completed in no time at all then you must try GoProposal.

We've been using the tool since early 2017, have totally customised it for our practice and used it as a basis for a professional corporate brochure that is enabling us to sell more services to existing clients and also wowing prospects. It even allows you to describe the full business journey to a client/prospect, promotes the next services your clients should be looking to add and provides instructions to clients and team members on the next steps to be taken.

And along with all that it includes multiple letters of engagement and a client sign up process that takes one click.

One last point. It gets developed, FAST. If you think of a new feature that would improve the app then they'll add it. Simple. Also integrates very well with Xero for repeating invoices or one-off work. Thanks for giving me the ability to scale a big part of my role across my whole team :)

Paul Meades  

I first came across GoProposal before it had even launched as product, when it just a glimmer in the eye of James Ashford during a webinar with The Profitable Firm. To see it a year later and to see how much it's grown and how far the app itself has developed, still astonishes me. I'm not actually an accountant, but ever since the product launched I have advocated it to accountancy firms I work with a PF and accounting friends I know locally. As a client of a firm also, I can see the immediate it value and the confidence it brings a prospect during that initial meeting. I couldn't recommend GoProposal enough - Whether you're an accountant, or a creative agency, the results are phenomenal!

Removed - Legal - 0009347103 Removed - Legal - 0009347103  

We've been waiting for pricing software like this for years. Awesome tool and great support. Highly recommend. Shaun Walsh - Former PWC Chartered Accountant and Fractional CFO.

Shaun Walsh  

We only launched our accounting business in August, and knew that pricing and the production of terms of engagement could be a major pain point, both for us and our clients. I was lucky enough to find GoProposal via a friend of mine on twitter, and whilst I know that this will sound like a cliche, it's been a total game-changer for us. The app itself is a great piece of engineering and I still get excited when a client signs up (which they do via integrated e-sign), I get an email and then the invoicing is automatically generated in Xero. This works brilliantly alongside the GoCardless integration. The amount of time we save, plus the overall experience we're able to deliver for clients is brilliant.

James and his team are super-helpful, constantly developing the product. James' background as a designer means that he really listens to his users, and we're delighted to be early adopters of GoProposal. Couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Alasdair McGill  

I'm becoming familiar with all this cloud software but on first viewing this software, it felt like I was in "Cloud Cuckoo" ! Way out, exceptional. From running through the specific pricings with clients which you model yourself (from some excellent value pricing templates provided from a leading accountancy firm My Accountancy Place), to producing really lush looking proposals which have been designed to look like your Practice is the modern forward thinking firm to be with.

Within the software you can put detailed engagement letter text for each service element and so your full proposal and engagement letter with T&Cs is produced there on the spot with client truly WOWed. You have the ability to gain client approval there and then through electronic signature or email it to them directly for further consideration and follow up.

A truly great find (found through James Ashford's book "Selling to Serve" which is exceptional guide/introduction to the modern accountant's sales systems.) and I am excited to be currently setting it up to use with my imminent telemarketing campaign starting in October.

Douglas Quinton  

Fantastic flexible functionality, a very strong plan of developments & extremely responsive to user suggestions through a goldmine of a Facebook group. The founder James Ashford is a marketeer & has a very clear vision on how to help accountants and agencies improve revenues with clients and convert new prospects using the tool.

Martyn Hodgson