Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Where do I categorize something like Estimated Tax Payments?

Started by Michael Narciso -   in Small Business

I'm somewhat new to bookkeeping and was using outright.com. It made things simple but I decided I needed to graduate and use something a with a bit more control and precision. However, I'm running into a few hurdles where I have many questions.

Among these questions, I just have one to ask for now...

Under what account do I categorize Estimated Tax Payments that have been posted to my checking account. My first guess was under the Liabilities section 'Income Tax Payables'.
Also, does xero have any tools for figuring out quarterly estimated taxes? I liked that feature from outright.com

Michael Narciso  

Michael, have you gone through the help centre, it has an awesome amount of information. Otherwise, create a code under Liabilities, current, call it Estimated Tax Payments, if that is what you are used to. Code your tax correctly for whatever country. I have a lot of diverse companies within my business that I always work with what is easiest to understand to a layperson. Hope this helps.

Kathy-maree Bartle