Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Anyone using Xero with ecommerce?

Started by Aaron Spence -   in Small Business

Is anyone using Xero with their e-commerce business. I am in the processing of setting up a web business and would appreciate opinions on what services I should be using. There are so many options, it is difficult to know where to start.
Hi,

We run a Magento store and an eBay store and have just started using Xero.

Magento integrates via an extension called Fooman Connect, and eBay can integrate via OneSaas - but it has no functionality to separate sales to UK/EU and ROW as they have different tax rules.

In terms of ecommerce functionality - Magento is the leader right now.

We use PayPal for payment processing - which integrates quite nicely with Xero as well.

Hope that helps, let me know if you want any more info.

Fergus Macdonald  

You may've seen the e-commerce partners we have on our Add-ons page - will leave it up to those using them to tell you about their experiences and recommendations.

Catherine Walker (Community Manager)  

I have noticed a lot of businesses are using or switching to Magento, but I was wondering what people think of Shopify v Magento? I thought Shopify would be at least as popular as Magento due to it's ease of use... any ideas?

Tina Kaye  

I know a lot about Magento, but not much about Shopify. As far as I'm aware, Shopify is a competitor to Magento Go, rather than the self-hosted Magento variants. IE Shopify and Magento Go are hosted on their servers, so you just create an account and start selling.

Regular Magento is a self-hosted solution so you download it, install it on your server and then start selling. More complicated, but hugely more customisable.

Fergus Macdonald  

I have decided to go with Shopify. I trialled MagentoGo and while it is very powerful and full of features, I think you really need to be a web designer to get anything out of it. Shopify is a lot simpler to set up and still has plenty of customisations and applications available.

Aaron Spence  

Thanks Fergus and Aaron for your comments. I have been curious about this for ages... I think I'm getting a handle on the difference. Good luck with it Aaron.

Tina Kaye  

Aaron, I am using shopify for one of our Divisions and thinking of getting xero. How does the link work for you? Do you know if Xero can link to 2 seperate shopify websites as we have 2 divisions under one legal company?

Catherine Milne  

We've been using Xero successfully for a while now but 3 months ago we ran into a huge problem when it reached it's limit on PayPal transactions. We're now left with alot of information in Xero and no option to grow any further with Xero.

I would avoid Xero if you intend on doing over 200 sales/day on eBay.

Catherine Temple  

Hi, Neto offer a fully integrated ecommerce solution for Xero. You can find out more about this integration here: http://docs.neto.com.au/xero-ecommerce-website-integration

For those running an inventory or stock based business we also integrate with Unleashed to deliver a complete end-to-end solution for serious online retail or wholesale. See here: http://docs.neto.com.au/unleashed-ecommerce-software

Ryan Murtagh  

Hello Everyone..

Just wanted to inform every Shopify and Bigcommerce store owner... This holiday season,...we are offering a FLAT 20% OFF on first 3 month subscription fee on all our plans.

To give you a brief, You can connect your Shopify /Bigcommerce store with Xero account. Automate your store accounting and track following things:

1) Payment Fee
2) Refunds
3) Auto-create orders, products and customers in Xero
4) Sales-Taxes
5) Shipping charges

So, what are you waiting for.... Check-out this top rated app in Shopify app store and try today to avail the offer.

The offer ends on December 31, 2015. Grab before it ends :)

Thanks,
Vijay

Vijay Khandekar