Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Report Templates - More options in settings please

Started by Donnie (Reports) Buchanan in Feature Requests | Idea

Hi,

This is probably where the least amount of efficiencies are for report templates users.

As a report template builder for Xero partners, I often get told this needs improving. So I have started this discussion to help my (our) customers get the best results.

The main issues are that key customer information can't be entered under settings, report fields need to be created, as well as chart of account changes.

For example, trustee, directors, partners and income recipients are all added as "report fields".

The adding of "owner names" to the chart of accounts is also a manual task which takes time.

Where as if they were added under settings, it would drive more efficiencies in the reports.

The best outcomes I envision are:
1 - choose entity type (EG trust)
2 - enter trustee name (this then fills into the trustee declaration)
3 - enter directors names (of trustee)
4 - enter owner names (this then auto-populates the chart of accounts, as well as the beneficiary accounts report)

While this may seem like something that can be done in 15 minutes, which it can, multiply that by 300 customers and you have some inefficiencies.

Thanks, look forward to hearing from other report users.