Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

Expense Claims improvements needed!

Started by Tim Morris -   in Small Business

Two questions concerning Expense Claims.

1) Is it possible to import expense claims? (e.g. csv file)
2) Can expense claim be marked as billable to a customer? I do not see a way to choose a customer when completing an Expense Claim.

Thanks,
Tim
Best Reply as chosen by Tim Morris (Original Poster)
1) I don't think so.
2) You could do this using tracking - create a category Billable to Customer and then create an option for each customer then when adding the receipt select the tracking option. Not great bit it might be enough.

Expense claims are a bit clunky in Xero and once finalised can't be edited and changed. I been asking for a quick expense claim for many years and this has reminded me to ask again.

We now recommend that clients who have the full Xero version use accounts payable invoices as a quick alternative to an expense claim. Advantages are it is a one strep process, you can unpay it and edit it if you get it wrong, and i you can import invoices from CSV files. A bit more info here http://www.dowsemurray.co.nz/accounting-faq.asp#41

Cheers
Martin

Martin Dowse