Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Done

Profit & Loss Report - As a percentage (%) of sales

Started by Erin Adams in Feature Requests | Done!

I have a many clients and accountants asking me why Xero does not have a percentage sales P&L report.

One example - a client who I controverted is very active on cash flow and knowing where everything is in his business. This is my have moved to Xero, however he misses the percentage sales P&L report, I know you can extract and do the calculations in excel but he does want to.

This would also be helpful when looking at other clients too, an extra tick box in the option of the P&L would be my wish, but an additional report would do the same.

Please Xero can we have a percentage sales P&L report.
Official Xero Reply
You'll now find a % of sales option within the Report Settings of the Profit & Loss / Income Statement report.

And, if you're adding comparatives you'll also see % of sales for each comparative period - We knew this was an important part of this feature but didn't know how it stacked up against other important parts, so thanks for the beta feedback confirming that it needed to be available on day 1 :-)

Take a look today - and we'll have more enhancements coming to help provide further insight into your business.

Massive thanks to everyone who gave feedback on this thread, participated in interviews or gave us feedback in the beta. Your input really drove the direction of this feature, and we wouldn't have been able to do it without your active involvement.

Mike M (Xero Staff)