Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Small Business >

Quote - Asssigning a customer PO # to an accepted quote

Started by Stewart Fernandez -   in Small Business

its really disappointing that after spending so much time , I may literally forced to continue using xero that is really an all too simple - across the counter almost, accounting tool not at all design for any real business, -- how can any simple account or business tool like this NOT have a function to assign a customer PO to an accepted quote ? its like a whole world missing so you raise a quote and then hit a blank wall , how ridiculous, how is a sales or a work order handled ? How are back orders handled ? How do you assign multiple purchases from multiple vendors to one sales order ? basically I am finding out that xero is not at all what it is all beat up to be , really disappointed, that I wasted so much time and effort only to hit a blank wall - the worse part is that myob is too complex, I may have to dump xero and look at something else , as my business revolves around the open customer PO and this function is non existent , with no immediate or near future plan to incorporate this

and yes a sales order can be a whole world around itself but sure when designing this soft ware someone in the development team had a chat to any small business manufacturing or trade unit ? appears NOT
I'm sorry to hear you feel you've wasted your time, Stewart. I can see you have quite a few questions here. Our Support team are more than happy to help with finding your feet, when getting started with Xero. If you like I can get them in touch, to get a bit more detail about your workflow and how you may be able to achieve this in Xero?

In regrads to your first question here, there's a reference field within a quote that could be used to enter your PO#. However, if you also have a reference you'd use this field for, some have found they use a slash(/) to enter two or more pieces of data here.

Kelly M (Community Manager)  

please have them get in ouch urgently can they call me at all please ?

Stewart Fernandez  

Sure thing, Stewart. I've just asked them to reach out (including your request for a call), so someone will be in contact shortly. :)

Kelly M (Community Manager)  

perfect cant wait :) as I want to use it just need some guidance on how to get around things

Stewart Fernandez